Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year is Here!

If you're anything like me you've made some kind of list about all the things you want and don't want to do this new year.  Some of us write the list down and others, like me, just keep a mental note.

As every new year comes and goes I am more and more reminded that I too am aging.  This may sound silly to some, or most, but the fact is that most of the time I don't see myself as someone in his 50's.  Then, perhaps when I'm at a store somewhere and I'm looking into a mirror or some reflection, I see my hair is pretty much white now.  It used to be jet black.  

I remember how I wanted my life to be when I had my 20th birthday, then my 30th birthday, then my 40th came along and then my 50th.  I'm one of those fools who pretty much thinks, "You're never too old to,.."  But, from time to time now I am starting to realize that I am too old to do some things.  Most of those things however are along the lines of climbing a mountain, deep sea diving in a one man submarine and so on.  Things I really never wanted to do anyway.
I suppose I enjoy a lot more things now than I did when I was 20 and even 40.  I've come to realize that there are so many simple things that a person can derive pleasure and happiness from that life's too short to not see the glass is half full instead of half empty.

This year my hope is I will always remember what I've been blessed with before I think about what I don't have and perhaps never will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...